This is another typical turbo project at shop. Customer sent in a TD04HL-16T turbocharger off a Volvo 850R. The turbo was in fairly good shape. Customer was in need for a standard rebuild service and upgrade of the compressor wheel from the 16T to 19T.
This type of rebuild and upgrade service costs $500. This includes cost of parts and labor. Please call or email with questions and inquiries.
- Rebuild turbocharger
- Upgrade to 19T compressor wheel
- Disassembly, cleaning, and inspection of all components
- Replacement of all consumables (journal bearings, oil rings, gaskets, retainers, fasteners, thrust bearing components)
- Media blasting of the bearing housing, turbine rotor blades, turbine housing, and compressor housing
- Micropolishing turbine shaft, check runout, and inspect for microfractures at the blades
- Machine bearing housing to accept larger exducer of the compressor wheel
- Machine compressor housing to accept larger inducer of the compressor wheel
- Rebalance rotating assembly
- Inspect blow-off valve and wastegate for proper operation.